New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 

beta
V4 Fanatic

Ireland
278 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  15:50:57 Show Profile Reply with Quote
I have picked up a nice littly 52mm Yakazi? revcounter in a pod and want to fit it without destroying my car too much. The mounting bracket requires me to drill about a 12mm hole in the steering wheel cowling, the pod bolt is hollow and the wires run through this, so I guess it would keep the wiring neat. Anyone come up with any neat ways of fitting revcounters.

Cheers
Paul

Woody
V4 Guru

United Kingdom
2764 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  20:09:19 Show Profile Reply with Quote
You don't normally need to drill the cowling. Can you show a pic of your pod etc as it sounds different to mine.

The pods usually have a shoe which can rest on the column and be secured by a large jubillee clip. The wire thus exiting via a separate hole.
Below small 55mm Yazaki, installed in my first V4, and the 80mm version mounted in the "Troll".
Go to Top of Page

beta
V4 Fanatic

Ireland
278 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2010 :  12:33:08 Show Profile Reply with Quote
Hi Woody
Thanks for those photos, I think I will try and make up a bracket and use a bit of black paint. That hole that you are using for your bracket is taken up with my choke lever.
Cheers
Paul
Go to Top of Page

john-saab
Administrator

United Kingdom
2679 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2010 :  19:13:20 Show Profile Reply with Quote
For the first time ever i have seen something on Woody's car i don't quite like...the idea of a sharp spike fixed to the steering column is something the SAAB designers would have lost sleep over and something i would'nt want to get close to in a crash!
Sorry woody..no disrespect intended.
I used 2 thick cable tie's to hold the "foot" of my rev counter to the steering column..i also used a smaller rev counter so it doesn't obscure the lower part of the speedo..something we need around here as they are introducing more and more 20mph zones.
Go to Top of Page
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
Snitz Forums 2000
SAAB V4 Forum© 2000-04 Snitz CommunicationsGo To Top Of Page