New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 

melle
V4 Guru

United Kingdom
3830 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2016 :  20:19:39 Show Profile Reply with Quote
I've just posted an article to my website on Hall ignition conversion for V4s. This article has been published before in the magazine of the Saab Enthusiasts' Club; now you have the advantage of being able to zoom in on the photos! Link: http://www.saabv4.com/index.php/project/hall-ignition/ You can download the article and print it to use it in the workshop if you want, this is how the whole site is intended to work.

There is always room for improvement, so if you have comments or questions let me know. Also please post your own Hall conversions here!

www.saabv4.com

Edited by - melle on 06 Mar 2016 20:21:24

x96
V4 Fanatic

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2016 :  17:36:43 Show Profile Reply with Quote
Nice stuff, Melle, you paint it in a way that it is difficult to say it doesn't worth the effort. I'll go for it, it's so easy to leave the key on and burn the pertronix that your option is simple perfect. (once it's fitted) Drill the dizzy shaft seems to be a delicate task.

Héctor

Edited by - x96 on 10 Mar 2016 17:56:22
Go to Top of Page

melle
V4 Guru

United Kingdom
3830 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2016 :  11:29:31 Show Profile Reply with Quote
Drilling is OK as long as you decently support the shaft, ideally by using a jig as described. File the top of the shaft flat/ roughen it a bit and punch a centre hole before drilling and you should be alright. Keep us posted on your conversion!

www.saabv4.com
Go to Top of Page
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
Snitz Forums 2000
SAAB V4 Forum© 2000-04 Snitz CommunicationsGo To Top Of Page