New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next Topic 

freewheeler
V4 Mad

United Kingdom
601 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2017 :  08:38:20 Show Profile Reply with Quote
I have been working on my Saab V4 SJO927P Smordragon Green V4 for some time but recently suffered a heart attack and will no longer be able to finish it.
This is just a polite notice to say I have finally decided to sell the car and all of the parts.
The car is very solid and currently 90% stripped and on a brand new rolling trolley that will come with the car. The engine has been rebuilt (£1000)but requires wire brushing and painting having gathered some surface rust. It has a Weber manifold and a new (I think) twin carb on it that needs overhauling. It has a reprofiled fast road cam by Burton engineering, a machined front cover to remove fan bearing. To allow for fitting of a Kenlowe fan. The engine is on a stand, the stand will not come with the car. The interior (seats) have been re-trimmed using a quality wool cloth from Woolies trim but has the original features of seat pockets etc.
I have boxes of restored and new parts
The car needs somebody who knows and loves V4s to finish it. I also have the paint (GN10) to complete it.
Currently the engine is out (gearbox in engine bay), front running gear is in boxes. interior is stripped.
welding still required to rear offside inner wheel arch behind seat and maybe other more minor areas.
Also with the car are a number of wings, bonnet / s boot/s one or two spare gearboxes, Doors and other miscellaneous parts.
I will only be looking for around £1200 for everything and will post pics and update this post in the following weeks.
In the meantime there is an old thread on here somewhere.
Many thanks.
Julian, East Yorkshire.

Edited by - freewheeler on 26 Aug 2017 08:50:57

RhysN
V4 Fanatic

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2017 :  09:28:49 Show Profile Reply with Quote
That is very sad to hear after all that. Julian.
Please consider me when you make that decision.
Go to Top of Page

Derek
V4 Guru

United Kingdom
2187 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2017 :  20:32:44 Show Profile Reply with Quote
Sorry to read this. I went back through your posts and see you had a heart attack in early 2013. Is this another one? Whatever, decisions have to be made and I hope your prognosis is good. Take care.
Go to Top of Page

melle
V4 Guru

United Kingdom
3830 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2017 :  20:56:00 Show Profile Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear the reason for selling your V4, hope you find a good home for it.

www.saabv4.com
Go to Top of Page

James Ranaldi
V4 Guru

United Kingdom
1475 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2017 :  08:11:38 Show Profile Reply with Quote
Good morning freewheeler ( great forum name).

This is all very sad. I hope that it all works out for you.

Jim

1968 V4, LHD
1984 99 GL
1992 C900i Convertible
1993 C900 LPT Convertible
Go to Top of Page

freewheeler
V4 Mad

United Kingdom
601 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2017 :  19:41:49 Show Profile Reply with Quote
Hi, I had my MI in December 2012 but it was a bad one and I am limited to what I can do, mainly heavy work or straining, and working above my head, laying under a car etc. The car has been sat in the corner gathering dust having lost my mojo. I have been contemplating selling it for a.year or so but The final straw for me was when my C900 Turbo was stolen last week and crashed. I put a lot of.time effort and money into it and am not prepared to.do the same again.
I will still be driving a saab but sadly it wont be a classic.

Go to Top of Page

RhysN
V4 Fanatic

United Kingdom
411 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2017 :  12:30:34 Show Profile Reply with Quote
Talk about being kicked when you are down! I hope things are as good as they can be for you.Very best wishes.
Go to Top of Page
 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic 
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
Snitz Forums 2000
SAAB V4 Forum© 2000-04 Snitz CommunicationsGo To Top Of Page